Weekend Mass Information
- Check out our LIVE STREAM and RECORDED daily and Sunday Mass videos.
- Weekend and daily Masses are available in-person and live-streamed.
- In keeping with the most recent CDC guidance, the Diocese of Grand Rapids is revising diocesan directives regarding masks and social distancing in its parishes. Masks are no longer required during liturgical worship. It is recommended that those who are unvaccinated follow CDC guidance and wear a mask for the safety of fellow parishioners.
- When you arrive for Mass this weekend, the church will be divided into two sections, socially distanced seating on the left half (Ambo side, with West Transept) of the church, and regular seating on the right half (Altar side, with East Transept) please tell the usher which section you would like.
- We will continue to offer overflow seating, with simulcast video at each Mass on the weekend.
- Frequently asked questions from the Diocese of Grand Rapids regarding COVID-19.
Around the Parish
- VBS 2021 Rocky Railway Registration is open! Please visit the VBS page for registration information and link.
- Service opportunity: God’s Kitchen continues to practice social distancing and follow the CDC guidelines while still serving the hungry in our community. All meals are “to-go” and are handed out the back door of the Kitchen. Volunteers (only 6-8 in the kitchen at a time) are needed to prep and pack the day’s meal. Sign up by using our God’s Kitchen Sign Up Form or call Mary Davis at 456-7469 for details. Masks are required.
- Habitat for Humanity Invite: Saint Thomas is partnering with Habitat Kent Co. to help build a duplex at 550/562 New Ave (across the street from the Habitat warehouse). Our build date is Saturday, July 10 from 8:30am-4pm. No prior construction experience is needed, but volunteers must be 16 years and older. Masks are required. Contact Allen at email@example.com or 446-3560 or Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-0661 by Monday, June 28 to get involved.
- Annual Report: Please check out our 2020 Annual Parish Impact Report to see the milestones we celebrated this year, along with our financial statistics for fiscal year 2020.
- Sunday giving commitments:
- Prayer intentions. Please call the Parish Office at 616-459-4662 and ask for Margo, or email your requests to Margo Dean at email@example.com.
- Emergency contact: If you have an EMERGENCY, call 616-459-4662 and then press #3. That will connect you with one of our Deacons who can get in touch with Father Jim.
- Keep up-to-date: Has your contact information changed (phone number, address, email address)? Please email Margo to update.
Supplemental Mass resources:
- Catholic Gospel readings, coloring pages, and more
- Holy Heroes children’s video, coloring pages, and trivia
- Spiritual Resources during COVID-19 posted by the Diocese of Grand Rapids
Other Faith Resources:
Social Media connections:
Around the Diocese
- Catholic Information Center events: Come celebrate, live, and pray the Catholic Faith with events at the Catholic Information Center. Check out the events here. If you have any questions/comments, please contact Eulene Freeland at eulene@cathedralofsaintandrew.
- For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.