Weekend Mass Information
- Check out our LIVE STREAM and RECORDED daily and Sunday Mass videos.
- Weekend and daily Masses are available in-person and live-streamed.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early.
- Seating is still limited in the church to provide for proper social distancing under new Diocesan guidelines. However, we continue to offer overflow seating in the lower level, with live-streaming video at each Mass.
- We ask that you wear a mask upon entering the Church.
- We ask that you sanitize and maintain social distance.
- Frequently asked questions from the Diocese of Grand Rapids regarding COVID-19.
Current Parish Activities
- Father Jim’s Reflections on the Map of Life: Father Jim will continue his virtual teaching series on the Map of Life through the month of April (Friday, April 2 – 30) at 11:30 am. For more information, please check out:
- Eucharistic Adoration to be Extended: On the Tuesdays of Easter (April 13 – May 18) from 8 am – 5 pm in the Church. All are welcome to come and pray! You may come at any time throughout the day without signing up for a specific time slot. The side door of the Church facing the parish office will be open for adorers and we ask that you sit on the Altar side of the Church. Please sanitize your hands when you enter and wear a mask while in the Church. If you are able, please sign up for an entire hour using our Easter Adoration Sign Up.
- Adult Faith Formation: Journey along with Bishop Barron, exploring the lasting influence of the Pivotal Players Fulton J. Sheen and Flannery O’Connor. Join us Wednesdays, April 21-May 26, 6:30-8pm. Please register using our Pivotal Players online registration. Contact Patti Reynolds in the Parish Office for more information.
Racism: A Call to Reflection
Racism – An Invitation to Dialogue: Deacon Dean Vernon invites you to join him for two dialogue sessions using Father Jim’s racism documents as a guide:
- Thursday, April 22 – The Roots of Racism – How Racism works and what we can do
- Thursday, April 29 – Racism, the Word of God and the Faith of Catholics
The dialogue sessions will take place in the Ministry Center Community Room from 7-8:30 pm. Father Jim’s documents are available in the back of church or below:
- RACISM – Parish Study Guide – 2021
- Racism, the Word of God and the Faith of Catholics
- Litany of Exorcism Against Racism
United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ Open Wide Our Hearts: The Enduring Call to Love – A Pastoral Letter Against Racism
Deacon Dean Vernon recently gave a school talk on cultural awareness — what it is, how we prioritize it in our life, and how we relate to one another from different cultures and priorities.
Shomari Tate, Director of Equity and Multiculturalism at Catholic Central, spoke to parents about social competency.
Around the Parish
- World Marriage Day Celebration: An Evening to Honor and Enrich Your Marriage: Did you miss the event and want to watch it virtually? Visit our Saint Thomas YouTube page to watch virtually. Click here to access the program. Contact Pam Strobel (email@example.com or 616-459-4662, ext. 1203) if you would like to receive more information about couple prayer or to join a six week session on implementing the couple prayer series in your marriage.
- Lenten Mission 2021: Take Courage for I am with You: Hope and Healing as a Way of Moving Forward. Did you miss the event and want to watch it virtually? Watch this event on our Saint Thomas YouTube Channel and check out the Lenten Mission 2021 Program.
- Father Jim’s Virtual Reflections
- Nov. 20, 2020 — The Ten Commandments
- Nov. 30, 2020 — Finding peace
- Dec. 2, 2020 — God is with us
- Dec. 4, 2020 — There is always a way
- Dec. 4, 2020 — Commandment 3
- Dec. 11, 2020 — Commandment 4, Listen to your mother and father
- Dec. 18, 2020 — Commandment 5, Though shall not kill
- Jan. 8, 2021 — Commandment 6
- Jan. 15, 2021 — Commandment 7
- Jan. 22, 2021 — Commandment 8
- Jan. 29, 2021 — Commandments 9 and 10
- Feb. 5, 2021 — Final Ten Commandments conversation
- Service opportunity: God’s Kitchen continues to practice social distancing and follow the CDC guidelines while still serving the hungry in our community. All meals are “to-go” and are handed out the back door of the Kitchen. Volunteers (only 6-8 in the kitchen at a time) are needed to prep and pack the day’s meal. Sign up by using our God’s Kitchen Sign Up Form or call Mary Davis at 456-7469 for details. Masks are required.
- Annual Report: Please check out our 2020 Annual Parish Impact Report to see the milestones we celebrated this year, along with our financial statistics for fiscal year 2020.
- Sunday giving commitments:
- Prayer intentions. Please call the Parish Office at 616-459-4662 and ask for Margo, or email your requests to Margo Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency contact: If you have an EMERGENCY, call 616-459-4662 and then press #3. That will connect you with one of our Deacons who can get in touch with Father Jim.
- Keep up-to-date: Has your contact information changed (phone number, address, email address)? Please email Margo to update.
Supplemental Mass resources:
- Catholic Gospel readings, coloring pages, and more
- Holy Heroes children’s video, coloring pages, and trivia
- Spiritual Resources during COVID-19 posted by the Diocese of Grand Rapids
Other Faith Resources:
Social Media connections:
Around the Diocese
- Catholic Information Center events: Come celebrate, live, and pray the Catholic Faith with events at the Catholic Information Center. Check out the events here. If you have any questions/comments, please contact Eulene Freeland at eulene@cathedralofsaintandrew.
- For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.