Around the Parish
- Holy Week Schedule 2019 (If you’d prefer, you can print out the Holy Week Schedule.)
Individual Reconciliation: Monday, April 15 and Tuesday, April 16 – 6:40 – 7:15am and Wednesday, April 17 from Noon – 1pm and 6-7pm
Holy Thursday – April 18: Morning Prayer – 7:20am; Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper – 7pm; Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: 8:30 – 11:30pm. Night prayer – 11:30pm.
Good Friday – April 19: Morning Prayer – 7:20am; Stations of the Cross – 12 Noon; Hours of Reflection – 1-3pm; The Solemn Celebration of the Lord’s Passion – 7pm
Holy Saturday – April 20: Morning Prayer – 8am; The Blessing of Easter Foods – 12 Noon;
The Easter Vigil and Mass of Resurrection – 9pm; (Attendance at Mass at the Easter Vigil fulfills the obligation for Easter Sunday.)
Easter Sunday – April 21: Masses will be celebrated at 7:30am, 9am and 11am
(Please note: The Parish Office will be closed Easter Monday.)
- High School Celebration: It is time to celebrate our 2019 High School Graduates with our Annual Cap and Gown Mass and Brunch! Please sign up to help bring a salad, dessert, or be an extra set of helping hands! Sign up HERE!
Priest, Prophet, King: Please join us for this Bible Study from Word on Fire Catholic Ministries. Come to better understand Jesus, become familiar with scripture, and realize your own priestly, prophetic, and kingly mission received at Baptism. We meet in the Ministry Center Community Room on Wednesdays, May 1 – June 12, from 6:30-8pm. The study guide is $20. Please use our Priest, Prophet, King online registration.
- Youth Group: We have Youth Group on most Sundays — both Middle School and High School Youth Group. Please check out our Youth Group 2019 Schedule and contact Monica Morin with any questions.
- Planning for VBS 2019 has begun! VBS will be held June 24 through June 28. See VBS for details.
Around the Diocese
- Opportunity to host international students: Three Catholic high schoolers need host families for the upcoming school year: Emsi (age 16) from Germany, Jan (a boy, age 17) from Germany and Claudia (age 15) from Spain. All three of these students are notable for their interest and involvement in their Catholic faith. They will attend the local public high school nearest to their host family or school of choice, if desired. Students just need a bed, three meals a day and a loving family to call their own. Couples and families with any age children are welcome to apply. Please contact Karen Joseph at 616-822-0398 or email@example.com for more information.
- Angst Movie: Thanks to all who attended our viewing of the Angst movie. If you’d like any more information on recognizing and dealing with anxiety, please visit www.angstmovie.org.
- Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.