Around the Parish
- Youth Group: Our Saint Thomas Youth Group meets most Sundays. Check out our 2018 Youth Group Schedule for more information about dates and times.
- Little Rock Scripture Study on the Books of James, Peter, and Jude: The Catholic Letters. Join us Wednesday evenings, from 6:30-8pm in the Rectory Conference Room, Nov. 7 – Dec. 19. “Profound differences as well as intriguing similarities are discovered in these four letters, each written to strengthen Christian communities scattered across a wide region of the Roman Empire.” Parishioner Kelly Buckley will facilitate this study, which includes seven video lectures by Dan Borlik, CM, Judy Hoelzeman, Catherine Upchurch, Gregory C. Wolfe, and Clifford M. Yeary. The study set is $15. Please register using The Catholic Letters Scripture Study online registration.
- The Shroud of Turin: Authentic Relic or Clever Hoax? This presentation, facilitated by parishioner Bob Herwaldt, will include the latest scientific information regarding the most researched relic in the world: The Shroud of Turin. Please join us Wednesday, November 7 from 6:30 – 8pm in the lower level of the church. Please RSVP using our Shroud of Turin Registration Form.
- Parent opportunity: Join Deacon Dean Vernon on Nov. 14 at 6:30pm in the Ministry Center for a discussion about talking to your kids about sex. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Morin in the Parish Office.
- Father Jim’s Advent Book Study: “Jesus of Nazareth, The Infancy Narratives,” by Pope Benedict XVI. Join Father Jim Saturday mornings 8:35-9:35am, December 1, 8, and 15, in the Ministry Center Community Room. The book is available online. We have 15 copies of the book for sale in the Parish Office during business hours the week of Nov. 26, for $15. No cash please, but checks can be made payable to Saint Thomas Parish, notation: Advent Book.
- Women’s event: We invite all Saint Thomas school and parish women to Advent by Candlelight, Friday, Nov. 30, from 7-8:30pm in the Church Lower Level. Meet Kelly Jandernoa and hear her story of loving big and boldly. If you are interested in attending this event or hosting a table, please RSVP no later than Nov. 19 to Cammi Lawrence at 459-4662, ext. 1212.
- Follow Up Letter: Please pray for all those affected by the clergy abuse crisis and see Bishop Walkowiak’s response which is a follow up letter to this situation.
- 2018 Fall Mailing: Please plan your giving with the Impact Report & Giving Plan, check out the 2018 Fall Opportunities, PLEASE RETURN the Catholic Services Appeal Worksheet, and review the Amazon Relief Flyer.
- Pictorial Directory: Our Saint Thomas Parish Pictorial Directory are here. Visit the back of the church to pick up your copy if you had your picture taken or submitted one. Additional copies are available for $10. Please contact Monica Morin if you would like one.
Around the Diocese
- IHM Adoration: Come, touch the Heart of Jesus. Come spend an hour in the Chapel of the Holy Eucharist at Immaculate Heart of Mary for the good of your family and the whole Church. Sign up online for a weekly hour of prayer at www.adorationpro.org/ihmmi and call Tom Kartes to obtain the door code at 325-9305. All are welcome!
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.