Around the Parish
- Our diocesan-wide capital campaign to support seminarian education and priest retirement begins the weekend of November 2-3. The Our Shepherds – Our Future Capital Campaign seeks to endow and build up a restricted fund for seminarian education, as well as fully fund our priests’ retirement. This is an effort by all parishes in the diocese and our parish will actively take part in the capital campaign beginning. See the Diocese website for more information. Please take an opportunity to read the Case Statement.
- Thanksgiving Day Mass: Thursday, Nov. 28, 9am.
- Annual Thanksgiving Day Community Dinner, Thursday, Nov. 28, 12-2pm. All are invited to join in the celebration and enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends! RSVP by calling 459-4662. To volunteer or provide a dessert, please sign up in the back of church. Contact Lori at 459-4662 ext.1220 or email@example.com with questions.
- Women’s Advent by Candlelight: Join us Friday, Dec. 6 from 7 – 8:30 pm in the Church Lower Level to hear Marcie Hillary’s story of being open to receiving God’s will. To attend or host a table, please RSVP by Nov. 25 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-459-4662 x1212.
- Adult Faith Formation: Please join us for The Bible and the Sacraments, an 11-week Bible study with lessons from the Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology. We will meet every other Wednesday evening from 6:30-8pm, beginning Jan. 8. The $25 fee includes a workbook and two companion books (Swear To God, by Scott Hahn and Speaking The Love of God, by Jacob Wood). Please register using our Bible and Sacraments online form.
- Advent Schedule:
Mass for the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception (not a Holy Day of Obligation): Monday, Dec. 9 at 7:15pm
Noon Hour of Prayer: Monday through Friday during Advent, 12-1pm in the Church
Reconciliation (Confession): Saturday, Nov. 30, Dec. 7, 14 and 21 from 3-4:30pm, Monday, Dec. 23 from Noon-1pm and 6-7pm
- Christmas Schedule:
Christmas Eve Masses: Tuesday, Dec. 24 at 5pm (Children’s Mass), 10:30pm (Carols and Song), and 11pm (Christmas Night Mass)
Christmas Day Mass: Wednesday, Dec. 25 at 9am
Feast of the Holy Family Mass: Saturday, Dec. 28 at 5pm and Sunday, Dec. 29 at 7:30am, 9am and 11am
- New Year’s Schedule:
New Year’s Eve Mass: Tuesday, Dec. 31 at 5pm
New Year’s Day Mass: Wednesday, Jan. 1 at 9am
Around the Diocese
- Cherish 2020 will be Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020. Register at www.cherishmarriage.net. The event will be at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. We have the entire venue for dinner, an inspirational talk from Dan and Amber DeMatte, dancing, and a romantic twilight stroll through the Lena Meijer Tropical Conservatory! The cost is $99 per couple or $495 per table. All tables will seat 10 people/5 couples. If you bring a priest, then an 11th seat will be added to your table.
- Catholic Information Center events: Come celebrate, live, and pray the Catholic Faith with events at the Catholic Information Center. Check out the events here. If you have any questions/comments, please contact Eulene Freeland at eulene@cathedralofsaintandrew.
- Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (email@example.com), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.