Around the Parish
- Father Jim’s current teachings:
- Recommended reading for Lent:
- Ash Wednesday Schedule: Masses at 7:15am, 12:30pm (parish Mass including the school), and 7pm. Ashes will be distributed at all Masses.
- For information about Lenten opportunities, please check out our Saint Thomas 2020 Lenten Schedule.
- Traditional Stations of the Cross: Join our Saint Thomas Deacons at 6pm in the Church on Fridays (2/28, 3/6, 3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3) during Lent.
- Adult Faith Formation: For our Lenten Book Study, we will be reading “A Line through the Human Heart: on Sinning and Being Forgiven,” by James V. Schall, SJ, which is available on Amazon or at Barnes & Noble and Schuler Books. (Please note that a handful of paperbacks will be available for purchase at the Faith Formation Office.) Both studies (Saturday morning or Wednesday evening) will meet in the ministry center community room. Please register for one session:
- Saturdays: 8:35-9:45am (after 8am morning Mass) on March 7, 14, and 21 OR
- Wednesdays: 7:00-8:30pm on March 11, 18, and 25
Around the Diocese
- Catholic Information Center events: Come celebrate, live, and pray the Catholic Faith with events at the Catholic Information Center. Check out the events here. If you have any questions/comments, please contact Eulene Freeland at eulene@cathedralofsaintandrew.
- Registration is now open for the Biblical Training Institute for Michigan Catholics 2020! This year the Institute is focusing on The New Testament: The Gospels. This is an opportunity to develop a deep understanding and love for sacred scripture, to explore scripture with biblical experts, and to grow as a Bible study leader. For more Information and to register online, visit www.catholicinformationcenter.org/bible. Registration deadline is April 11 for the full series or the first conference.
- Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.