Around the Parish
SHHH…IT’S A SURPRISE! Our beloved school secretary Sue Ysasi is retiring. Help us send her off in style! We are inviting the Saint Thomas School community to fulfill one of Sue’s bucket list items – to attend a Notre Dame football game in Ireland! Help send Sue to the 2020 Notre Dame vs. Navy football game in Dublin, Ireland, by donating HERE (please type IRELAND where it says “Add special instructions to the seller,” which appears after you enter the amount and select “Donate.”)! Any dollars raised above and beyond will go to The Saint Thomas Education Foundation to establish a needs-based scholarship in Sue’s name. If you have any questions, please contact Betsy Edgerton at email@example.com.
- VBS 2019 will be held June 24 through June 28. Registration has reopened for preschool participants! We have a waitlist for elementary students. We are still in need of adult volunteers who are able to serve the entire week. This will allow us to increase the number of participants! ROAR, Life is Wild, God is Good, promises to be a roaring adventure! See VBS for more details.
- High School Celebration: It is time to celebrate our 2019 High School Graduates with our Annual Cap and Gown Mass and Brunch! To RSVP, please email Monica Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please sign up to help bring a salad, dessert, or be an extra set of helping hands! Sign up HERE!
Priest, Prophet, King: Please join us for this Bible Study from Word on Fire Catholic Ministries. Come to better understand Jesus, become familiar with scripture, and realize your own priestly, prophetic, and kingly mission received at Baptism. We meet in the Ministry Center Community Room on Wednesdays, May 1 – June 12, from 6:30-8pm. The study guide is $20. Please use our Priest, Prophet, King online registration.
- Youth Group: We have Youth Group on most Sundays — both Middle School and High School Youth Group. Please check out our Youth Group 2019 Schedule and contact Monica Morin with any questions.
- Prayer Request: We are looking for prayers for Steubenville — specifically 330 Rosaries (10 each for the 26 students, 7 team leaders and 1 bus driver). Will you help us? Make your pledge HERE or email Monica with your pledge at email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your prayers.
Around the Diocese
- Opportunity to host international students: Three Catholic high schoolers need host families for the upcoming school year: Emsi (age 16) from Germany, Jan (a boy, age 17) from Germany and Claudia (age 15) from Spain. All three of these students are notable for their interest and involvement in their Catholic faith. They will attend the local public high school nearest to their host family or school of choice, if desired. Students just need a bed, three meals a day and a loving family to call their own. Couples and families with any age children are welcome to apply. Please contact Karen Joseph at 616-822-0398 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Angst Movie: Thanks to all who attended our viewing of the Angst movie. If you’d like any more information on recognizing and dealing with anxiety, please visit www.angstmovie.org.
- Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (email@example.com), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.