Around the Parish
- Youth Group: Our Saint Thomas Youth Group meets most Sundays. Check out our 2018 Youth Group Schedule for more information about dates and times.
- Parent opportunity: Join Deacon Dean Vernon on Nov. 14 at 6:30pm in the Ministry Center for a discussion about talking to your kids about sex. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Morin in the Parish Office.
- The Shroud of Turin: Authentic Relic or Clever Hoax? This presentation, facilitated by parishioner Bob Herwaldt, will include the latest scientific information regarding the most researched relic in the world: The Shroud of Turin. Please join us Wednesday, November 7 from 6:30 – 8pm in the lower level of the church. Please RSVP using our Shroud of Turin Registration Form.
- Follow Up Letter: Please pray for all those affected by the clergy abuse crisis and see Bishop Walkowiak’s response which is a follow up letter to this situation.
- 2018 Fall Mailing: Please plan your giving with the Impact Report & Giving Plan, check out the 2018 Fall Opportunities, PLEASE RETURN the Catholic Services Appeal Worksheet, and review the Amazon Relief Flyer.
- Pictorial Directory: Our Saint Thomas Parish Pictorial Directory are here. Visit the back of the church to pick up your copy if you had your picture taken or submitted one. Additional copies are available for $10. Please contact Monica Morin if you would like one.
Around the Diocese
- Wedding Anniversary Mass: Bishop Walkowiak is inviting all married couples celebrating milestone anniversaries to join him on Sunday, Oct. 21 at the 10 am Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew (265 Sheldon Blvd., Grand Rapids). A simple reception will immediately follow. Please RSVP by calling the Saint Thomas parish office or emailing Margo Dean to confirm your attendance.
- IHM Adoration: Come, touch the Heart of Jesus. Come spend an hour in the Chapel of the Holy Eucharist at Immaculate Heart of Mary for the good of your family and the whole Church. Sign up online for a weekly hour of prayer at www.adorationpro.org/ihmmi and call Tom Kartes to obtain the door code at 325-9305. All are welcome!
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.