Information during COVID-19
We invite all Saint Thomas parishioners and friends to join us the week of Monday, September 28 through Saturday, October 3 for our bi-annual You Belong Here – Vision 2020 virtual fund raiser. Click the YOU BELONG HERE button to register and receive your You Belong Here bid number.
- Mass of Christian Burial for Mary Ann Kelly, late wife of Ken Kelly and long time parishioner of Saint Thomas, will be celebrated on Friday, September 25 at 10:30am. Watch the live-stream version of this Mass.
- Check out our LIVE STREAM and RECORDED daily and Sunday Mass videos.
- A Novena of Gratitude – by Fr. Jim Chelich
To be prayed by individuals and in all common prayer at Saint Thomas the Apostle Parish and School beginning September 21 and for eight days thereafter.
God, Our Father,
Find in each of us a grateful heart.
In this time of uncertainly you have brought us one gift and blessing after another:
Hearts willing to join in worship even over time and distance,
The technology to make this possible,
Strategizing minds working to safely open our church,
Talented hands coming forward to undertake tasks and projects,
Courageous teachers willing to instruct our children
Amazing and unexpected generosity providing for our financial needs.
By your grace and with the power of your Spirit:
Our school and religious programs are open
and resound with the voices of our children.
Attendance at Mass grows each weekend,
We are coming together in fellowship and celebration at Auction.
Prosper your work at our hands, O Lord!
Prosper your work at our hands!
We praise You. We bless You. We thank You!
- Weekend and daily Masses are available in-person and live-streamed.
- It is no longer necessary to sign up to attend Masses.
- We ask that you wear a mask upon entering the Church.
- We ask that you sanitize and maintain social distance.
- Although the 25% capacity directives in the Church remain in place, we offer overflow seating in the lower level, with live-streaming video.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early.
- Frequently asked questions from the Diocese of Grand Rapids regarding COVID-19.
Around the Parish
- Sunday giving commitments:
- Adult faith formation: Join us for Catholicism – The Pivotal Players, Volume II to discover the figures who shaped the Church and changed the world! We’ll meet Wednesday nights: September 16 – October 21, 6:30-8pm, in the Ministry Center Room, for a multi-part film series that illumines a handful of saints, artists, mystics, and scholars. Please register using our Catholicism – The Pivotal Players registration by Wednesday, Sept. 9. The fee for the workbook is $20. (Please note: We will accept 10 in-house registrants and use the Zoom platform for those registered after the first 10.)
- Prayer intentions. Please send your prayer requests to Pam Strobel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emergency contact: If you have an EMERGENCY, call 616-459-4662 and then hit #3. That will connect you with one of our Deacons who can get in touch with Father Jim.
- Keep up-to-date: Has your contact information changed (phone number, address, email address)? Please email Margo to update.
- Religious Education Registration 2020-2021: We are planning for religious education for the 2020-2021 school year. Please note that there are other registration forms located on our Monday Night Religious Education page. If you have any questions, please contact Patti Reynolds in the Parish Office.
Supplemental Mass resources:
- Catholic Gospel readings, coloring pages, and more
- Holy Heroes children’s video, coloring pages, and trivia
- Sermon 4 Kids reflection, decoder page, word find, and more
- Spiritual Resources during COVID-19 posted by the Diocese of Grand Rapids
Other Faith Resources:
Social Media connections:
Around the Diocese
- Catholic Information Center events: Come celebrate, live, and pray the Catholic Faith with events at the Catholic Information Center. Check out the events here. If you have any questions/comments, please contact Eulene Freeland at eulene@cathedralofsaintandrew.
- Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (email@example.com), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.