Information during COVID-19
- Advent by Candlelight (virtual event): The Saint Thomas Advent by Candlelight will begin tonight, Friday, December 4 at 7 pm! Join us to hear Lucyna Dieleman’s story of living her faith, day by day. Visit our Saint Thomas YouTube page to see this live-streamed event. Get a preview of the event in our Advent by Candlelight program.
- Check out our LIVE STREAM and RECORDED daily and Sunday Mass videos.
- Weekend and daily Masses are available in-person and live-streamed.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early.
- Seating is still limited in the church to provide for proper social distancing under new Diocesan guidelines. However, we continue to offer overflow seating in the lower level, with live-streaming video at each Mass.
- We ask that you wear a mask upon entering the Church.
- We ask that you sanitize and maintain social distance.
- Father Jim’s Virtual Reflections
- Frequently asked questions from the Diocese of Grand Rapids regarding COVID-19.
Around the Parish
- Christmas Mass Sign-Ups: We are offering four Masses on Christmas Eve (4, 6, 9 and 11 pm) and one on Christmas Day (9 am). Reservations will be required for all Christmas Eve Masses to help plan for safe seating. There will be NO walk-in seats available at the 4 and 6 pm Masses. We are asking families to reserve a location in Church based on their family size, according to our Mass Seating Chart. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Parish Office during business hours (8:30am – 4:30pm) at 459-4662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Saint Thomas the Apostle Christmas Mass Sign-up will be live on Monday, December 7.
- Annual Report: Please check out our 2020 Annual Parish Impact Report to see the milestones we celebrated this year, along with our financial statistics for fiscal year 2020.
- Due to COVID, our Advent Angel Tree program will look a little different. We will be partnering with Saint Alphonsus in support of their Christmas Toy Store. People who need help with Christmas gifts can sign up to shop for discounted new toys. Saint Thomas is invited to purchase toys for the store through November. Drop off the new, unwrapped toy(s) in the Christmas box in the Church lower level by Nov. 30. Check out the Christmas Toy Store Wish List for gift ideas. Volunteer opportunities include setting up for the toy store and assisting shoppers the week of Dec. 6. Please sign up to volunteer BEFORE arriving at St. Alphonsus or call Lori Fedewa at 459-4662 to serve.
- Sunday giving commitments:
- Prayer intentions. Please call the Parish Office at 616-459-4662 and ask for Margo, or email your requests to Margo Dean at email@example.com.
- Emergency contact: If you have an EMERGENCY, call 616-459-4662 and then press #3. That will connect you with one of our Deacons who can get in touch with Father Jim.
- Keep up-to-date: Has your contact information changed (phone number, address, email address)? Please email Margo to update.
Supplemental Mass resources:
- Catholic Gospel readings, coloring pages, and more
- Holy Heroes children’s video, coloring pages, and trivia
- Spiritual Resources during COVID-19 posted by the Diocese of Grand Rapids
Other Faith Resources:
Social Media connections:
Around the Diocese
- Catholic Information Center events: Come celebrate, live, and pray the Catholic Faith with events at the Catholic Information Center. Check out the events here. If you have any questions/comments, please contact Eulene Freeland at eulene@cathedralofsaintandrew.
- Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.