Around the Parish
- Youth Group: Our Saint Thomas Youth Group meets most Sundays. Check out our 2018 Youth Group Schedule for more information about dates and times.
- Father Jim’s Advent Book Study: “Jesus of Nazareth, The Infancy Narratives,” by Pope Benedict XVI. Join Father Jim Saturday mornings 8:35-9:35am, Dec. 1, 8, and 15, in the Ministry Center Community Room. The book is available online and in Kindle version. We have 15 copies of the book in the Parish Office for sale during business hours the week of Nov. 26, for $15. (These copies are reserved for those with no internet access.) No cash please, but checks can be made payable to Saint Thomas Parish, notation: Advent Book.
- The reunion and the celebration of RCIA participants and their sponsors over the past five years! Please Join Deacon Dean, RCIA Catechist Team Members, New Catholics and their Sponsors on Wednesday, Jan. 2, from 6:30-8:30pm in the Ministry Center Community Room. Consider bringing a dish to pass.
- Women’s bible study: Please join other women in delving deeply into the Bible and the Sacraments. We will meet Tuesday mornings from 8:30-10:30am in the Rectory Conference Room from Jan. 8 – March 26. This study is from the Saint Paul Center for Biblical Theology (www.stpaulcenter.com). The $25 study set includes a participant workbook and two hard-covered resource books, “Swear To God” by Scott Hahn and “Speaking The Love Of God” by Jacob Wood. Please register using our The Bible and the Sacraments online registration.
- Unraveling the Mysteries of Faith: Join Deacon Dean for this five-week series. We will meet in the Ministry Center Community Room from Jan. 9-Feb.13, on Wednesdays, 6-7:30pm. Week 1: What Does It Mean To Be Catholic? Week 2: Mary, Mother of God. Week 3: The Holy Trinity. Week 4: The Eucharist. Week 5: The Sacrament of Reconciliation. Please register using our Unraveling the Mysteries of Faith online registration. (Please note we have built in to the calendar an extra day in case of inclement weather.)
- Adult Questions of Faith: Join Father Jim on Thursday, Jan. 24 from 7-8:15pm in the Church lower level to get answers to your questions about our Catholic Faith. Write down your questions as you think of them and bring them to the session. We will also have paper available to write your questions down when you arrive. Childcare is available. Contact Monica Morin by Jan. 17 at email@example.com or register online for childcare. Donations for childcare will be accepted.
- Love & Logic: The Love & Logic course will be held Sunday afternoons Feb. 10, 17, 24, and March 3, 10, 17, 24 from 2-4pm in the Ministry Center Community Room. This course offers practical tools, tips and techniques that help adults achieve respectful, healthy relationships with their children. The fee for the class and workbook is $65 for one parent, $75 per couple. Visit www.loveandlogic.com for more information. Please register with parishioner and instructor Mrs. Helen Milanowski by calling the Parish Office. If you need childcare, please contact Parish Life Coordinator Monica Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Around the Diocese
- IHM Adoration: Come, touch the Heart of Jesus. Come spend an hour in the Chapel of the Holy Eucharist at Immaculate Heart of Mary for the good of your family and the whole Church. Sign up online for a weekly hour of prayer at www.adorationpro.org/ihmmi and call Tom Kartes to obtain the door code at 325-9305. All are welcome!
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (email@example.com), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.