Around the Parish
- Thanksgiving Day Mass, 9am, Thursday, Nov. 23.
- Join us for our annual Thanksgiving Day Dinner, Thursday, Nov. 23, from 12-2pm. To make a reservation for this free event, call our office (459-4662) by Monday, Nov. 20. For more information, check out this Thanksgiving Day Dinner flyer or contact Lori Fedewa (459-4662, ext. 1220).
- Little Rock Scripture Studies: The Infancy Narratives of Jesus will meet Tuesday nights, 6:30-8:30pm, in the Rectory Conference Room, a 4-week study, from Nov. 28 to Dec. 19. This study focuses on the connection between the Old and New Testaments. A fee of $15 includes a study guide and commentary for the Scripture Study. Please register using our Infancy Narratives of Jesus Registration.
- The Lectio Divina prayer group will meet Wednesday nights, December 6, 13, and 20 from 7-8:30pm, in the Ministry Center Chapel. We will be praying the Sunday readings. Bring your Bible and feel free to bring a friend. Your facilitator is Ms. Michelle Frenzel. Please register using our Lectio Divina Registration Form.
- “Emmanuel” – an Advent day of reflection, for men, women and youth, is Sunday, December 17 from 3-8pm in the Ministry Center; the cost is $30 and includes dinner. Join us for a contemplative prayer journey through the miraculous birth of Jesus. Explore who this child, Jesus, IS and ponder how the Incarnation can be made manifest in your life. Pray the Scripture passages pertaining to Jesus’ birth, through meditation questions, art projects, music, and personalized scripture. Please register using our Emmanuel Online Registration or contact the Faith Formation Office.
- Travelogue: Feeling the desire for a bit of sun this winter? In 2016, parishioner Peter Johnson went on a pilgrimage of sorts to Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, Malta, and Rome. Peter was hired to work on a film crew that traced the missionary journeys of Saint Paul. See a presentation about the journey and see the many pictures and video clips he took along the way. Join us on Friday, January 12, in the lower level of Church (the social hall), from 7-8:30pm. Please register using our Travelogue Online Registration or contact the Faith Formation Office.
- Sacrament Information: If your child will be receiving the sacrament of First Communion or Confirmation, please complete this Sacrament History and Information Form. Also, check out this Sacrament Flyer with more information about Saint Thomas Sacraments.
- Parish Photo Directory: Thanks to all who had their photos taken. If you were not able to and would like to be included in the Parish Directory, please submit a photo to Monica Morin by Oct. 23. Please contact Monica with any questions.
- Hospitality Coffee and Donuts has BEGUN. Please sign up to help us “host” this ministry: Hospitality Sign Up.
- GRACEAC Announcment: Parish families with students enrolled in ANY school are now eligible to participate in the GRACEAC athletic program through Saint Thomas! This program is for students in the 5th – 8th grades in the 2017/2018 school year. Check out this Saint Thomas GRACEAC flyer for more information.
Around the Diocese
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
Cherish 2018: The 2nd Annual West Michigan Catholic Marriage Event will be Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018, from 6 – 10:30 pm at Frederik Meijer Gardens. Registration begins Nov. 1 at cherishmarriage.net. Married and engaged couples are welcome, and financial assistance is available. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.