Around the Parish
- Sunday Summer Sacrament Series: Saint Thomas is offering a 9-week course, beginning June 11, on the Bible and the Sacraments. This course examines where the sacraments come from, what they mean, and why they are so important to our Catholic faith. For more information, check out The Bible and the Sacraments event flyer. If you are interested, please register for the event online.
- Our Esperanca Ambassadors have returned from their journey. Check out the Saint Thomas Esperanca YouTube video highlighting their trip.
- Mark your calendars for this year’s Vacation Bible School, June 26–30, 9 am to Noon each day. This year’s theme is Maker Fun Factory: Created by God, Built for a Purpose! This week promises to be one of the best experiences your children will have the entire summer! Registration for students and volunteers is now open. Visit our VBS page for further details and registration links. Registration and our supplies appeal will be available on the weekend of May 20–21 after all Masses. Registration closes on June 5 or when we reach capacity.
- GRACEAC Announcment: Parish families with students enrolled in ANY school are now eligible to participate in the GRACEAC athletic program through Saint Thomas! This program is for students in the 5th – 8th grades in the 2017/2018 school year. Check out this Saint Thomas GRACEAC flyer for more information.
- Middle School/High School Event: Saint Thomas will be hosting “Altaration: The Mystery of the Mass Revealed” from 6:30-8 pm on June 25-30 for 6th – 12th graders. If you would like to attend, please register for this event. And check out this YouTube video for more information.
Prayers for Steubie: Prayer Warriors, we are seeking prayers for safety, open hearts, faith conversions, and health for our 44 youth and eight team leaders on their journey to a Steubenville Youth Conference. Please help us reach 1,000 rosaries by pledging at
Around the Diocese
- Habitat for Humanity’s 5th Catholic United Build will begin in May, across the street from the Basilica of Saint Adalbert. The Saint Thomas build is May 20 and June 10. Leaders will be in the lower level of the church on March 25/26. For more information, contact the church office (459-4662).
- Run with Nuns! FORT2BASE 10 mile/3 mile Run (Aug. 27) or Bank of America Chicago Marathon (Oct. 8). Run to support the Mission of Our Lady of Angels — the outreach to the poor of the Franciscans of the Eucharist of Chicago. For more information, visit www.missionola.com/marathon.
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.