Prayerfully consider making an offertory donation here:
- Adult Faith Formation: Coming this summer, and beyond – The “Little Rock Scripture Study” Series! (www.littlerockscripture.org) Check out the flyer for more information: Little Rock Scripture Flyer for Website or here is a video introduction Little Rock Scripture Introduction Video.
- Vacation Bible School registration begins this weekend!! Click here to find out more information: Vacation Bible School Flyer and VBS Family Registration Form.
- On occasion when a parishioner is having a baby, is undergoing surgery, or has suffered a loss, as a community, we try to help by providing meals. If you would be willing to help with this ministry, please contact Monica Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, May 30th: A morning of discussion and sharing for widowed men and women. The morning will start with mass at 8:00 a.m., a continental breakfast at 8:30 a.m., and a guest presenter, Kathy Van Stensel from Widowed Persons Services (www.wpsgr.org). Please RSVP to Monica Morin at 459-4662 by Monday, May 25th.
Around the Diocese:
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.
- Record flooding is tearing through Houston, TX. More than 1,000 families have had their homes damaged or destroyed by this severe flood. Please consider putting together a volunteer relief effort with the National Relief Network this summer to bring desperately needed aid to devastated families struggling to recover. There is still time for you to lend a hand this summer. If you’ve not seen their extreme need, click here… http://abcnews.go.com/
GMA/video/tornado-touches- ohio-texas-recovers-flooding- 31330133.
- May 29-31: Join us for times of praise, healing, sharing and teaching on the Holy Spirit. Life In The Spirit, May 29-31, St. Isidore Parish Life Center. Free will offering. For info or to register call Mike at (616) 776-1274 or email email@example.com.
- Sunday, May 31: The public is invited to join Most Reverend Walter A. Hurley, bishop emeritus of our diocese, for the celebration of his 50th anniversary of ordination to the priesthood. Bishop Hurley’s Gold Jubilee will be celebrated Sunday, May 31 at the 10 a.m. Mass at the Cathedral of Saint Andrew in Grand Rapids. A reception will follow on the Piazza Secchia. The Mass will also be televised live on FOX 17 and streamed at dioceseofgrandrapids.org. Well-wishers are encouraged to leave messages of good wishes and congratulations for Bishop Hurley atfacebook.com/
DioceseofGrandRapids or by mail to Bishop Hurley’s attention at: Diocese of Grand Rapids, 360 Division Ave. S., Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
- Wednesday, June 3: Open House for Parents of Children with Learning Disabilities. Arrowsmith is a brain based program that uses specific exercises to increase cognitive function in low functioning areas of your child’s brain. Over time, the repetition of certain exercises help build new pathways in your child’s brain and ultimately provide your child with a renewed learning capacity and a solid foundation for growing academic skills. To learn more about this innovative, tuition based program join us for an Open House on Wednesday, June 3 from 7:30-9:00am at St. Stephen school. Enjoy a delicious breakfast and hear first-hand accounts from parents who have seen the program make a difference in their child’s life. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at: http://www.ststephenschoolgr.com/school/arrowsmith
- Sunday, June 7: Celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi with the Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist The Franciscan Sisters of the Eucharist invite you to celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi with Mass and a Procession on Sunday, June 7 at 4 pm at the Lowell Campus. An Open House and refreshments will follow. Please contact Barb at 616-897-7842 or email@example.com if you plan to attend so the Sisters can adequately prepare for the day.
- Saturday, June 13: Day for Catechists hosted by Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish in Grand Rapids. This year’s Keynote Speaker is Dr. Dennis Marshall, professor of Theology from Aquinas College. This year’s day will focus on: Man’s Search for Truth – Evangelization and the role of the Catechist.
- Day for Catechist includes Keynote address, three work shops, and picnic lunch is provided. Day for Catechist is a ministry program of Catechtical Foundations and there is no cost to attend. All you need to do is register!
- You can register online at: https://catfoundations.
- Day for Catechist is approved for ongoing Catechist Certification Credit in the Diocese of Grand Rapids. 4 Catechist certification Credits are earned by attending Day for Catechist for any Catechist level. 1 credit may be used for professional theology for all Advanced & Master Level Catechists.
- This day is for all those in the serving in any catechetical role ( such as: Priests, Relgious, all parish and school staff & teachers, parish religious education volunteers, RCIA, Youth Ministry, homeschool parents etc) and for anyone who desires to begin the noble process of becoming a catechist.
- Catholic Charities West Michigan is excited to announce that we have been selected to compete in the 2015 ART VAN CHARITY CHALLENGE! Visit crowdrise.com/ccwm-artvan2015 starting May 18th at noon, check out our page and make a donation. The charity that raises the most during the Challenge will get a $75,000 donation to their cause. Your support will make a huge impact so the more you can give the better. You only have until June 22 to get in on the action, so check our page and get your donation in TODAY!
- Thursday, June 25: SAVE THE DATE! Join Catholic Charities West Michigan in a celebration of family at Let’s Go To Bat For Kids! 2015! Watch the CCWM Padres take on the Media Giants in a competitive game of softball on Thursday, June 25 at 6:30 p.m. at Fifth Third Ballpark. We’ll have food and family-friendly fun for all and admission is FREE! For more information about the event, visit www.ccwestmi.org/go2bat.
- If you struggle with depression, anxiety and a constant feeling of being over stressed in your life, help is available for you. We encourage you to call Catholic Charities West Michigan’s Behavioral Health Department to gather more information about our counseling services or to make an appointment with one of our highly qualified counselors at 1-877-359-6523. CCWM will provide you with a safe and confidential opportunity to address your pain to find hope and healing.
- Mt. Mercy Academy 50th Reunion: If you or someone you know graduated from Mt. Mercy Academy in 1966, a reunion is being planned for 2016. Please contact Jean in Grand Rapids at 616-361-0202 for further information and to be placed on the committee’s mailing list.
- Interested in opening your heart and home to child from another country? Hosting an international student can be a wonderful opportunity for host families! Catholic Central and CET International have been partners in education for more than 10 years. If you feel called to host a student this fall, you would be provided with an orientation, regular contact and ongoing support, and a modest stipend. Interested host families should contact: Sally Fochtman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-791-1294. Please pray about it…God could be calling you!
- Did you know that on any given day, Catholic Charities West Michigan has over 250 children in its licensed foster homes? Foster care means providing a temporary, substitute, safe, nurturing home to children who may have been removed from their parent’s care due to neglect and/or abuse. If you are ready to open your home and heart to a child in need, please call 1-866-857-1593 and ask for a foster care licensing worker.