Around the Parish
- Winter Community Dinner: Saint Thomas will be hosting the Winter Community Dinner on Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018, 6:30-8pm. Come in out of the cold and warm yourself in fellowship, fun and a free Spaghetti Dinner. Please RSVP to 459-4662 by Jan 22.
- Beginning Apologetics: Learn the biblical basis for common Catholic beliefs including “What does it mean to be Catholic,” “Mary, Mother of God,” “Holy Trinity,” “The Eucharist” and “The Sacrament of Reconciliation.” Deacon Dean Vernon is facilitating five Wednesday sessions, Jan. 3 – Feb. 7 from 6:30-8:30pm, in the Ministry Center Community Room. (Please note: Feb. 7 is an “extra day” in case of inclement weather.) Please register online using our Beginning Apologetics Registration.
- Travelogue: Feeling the desire for a bit of sun this winter? In 2016, parishioner Peter Johnson went on a pilgrimage of sorts to Cyprus, Turkey, Greece, Malta, and Rome. Peter was hired to work on a film crew that traced the missionary journeys of Saint Paul. See a presentation about the journey and see the many pictures and video clips he took along the way. Join us on Friday, January 12, in the lower level of Church (the social hall), from 7-8:30pm. Please register using our Travelogue Online Registration or contact the Faith Formation Office.
- An Introduction to Theology of the Body for adults: This 8-week series gives you a solid understanding of God’s plan for humanity. This study is for every “body” who desires to reach his/her full potential in this life. We will be meeting on Thursdays, February 1 – March 22, from 7-8:30pm in the Church lower level social hall. Child care may be provided. Cost: $12.95. Facilitators: David & Julie Bevins. Reigister online using our Theology of the Body Registration.
- Sacrament Information: If your child will be receiving the sacrament of First Communion or Confirmation, please complete this Sacrament History and Information Form. Also, check out this Sacrament Flyer with more information about Saint Thomas Sacraments.
- Hospitality Coffee and Donuts has BEGUN. Please sign up to help us “host” this ministry: Hospitality Sign Up.
- GRACEAC Announcment: Parish families with students enrolled in ANY school are now eligible to participate in the GRACEAC athletic program through Saint Thomas! This program is for students in the 5th – 8th grades in the 2017/2018 school year. Check out this Saint Thomas GRACEAC flyer for more information.
Around the Diocese
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (firstname.lastname@example.org), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
Cherish 2018: The 2nd Annual West Michigan Catholic Marriage Event will be Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018, from 6 – 10:30 pm at Frederik Meijer Gardens. Registration begins Nov. 1 at cherishmarriage.net. Married and engaged couples are welcome, and financial assistance is available. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.