- Our Saint Thomas Education Foundation celebrating our school’s 90th anniversary (2015-16) is through Phase II of our brick paver project. Buy bricks to celebrate important occasions: first communions, baptisms, graduations, weddings and anniversaries, just to name a few. For ideas and inspiration, take a look at the Phase I bricks at the entrance to the Ministry Center. To purchase a commemorative brick, please complete the Commemorative Brick Paver order form and return it to the church or mail to: Saint Thomas the Apostle, 1449 Wilcox Park Dr. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506.
- Check out the Saint Thomas Education Foundation and read their latest newsletter Saint Thomas Education Foundation June 2015 Newsletter.
- Our Auction Leadership team is looking for a few great helpers. Please see the flyer for all the details: Wanted – Auction Volunteers
Around the Diocese:
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.
- If you struggle with depression, anxiety and a constant feeling of being over stressed in your life, help is available for you. We encourage you to call Catholic Charities West Michigan’s Behavioral Health Department to gather more information about our counseling services or to make an appointment with one of our highly qualified counselors at 1-877-359-6523. CCWM will provide you with a safe and confidential opportunity to address your pain to find hope and healing.
- Interested in opening your heart and home to child from another country? Hosting an international student can be a wonderful opportunity for host families! Catholic Central and CET International have been partners in education for more than 10 years. If you feel called to host a student this fall, you would be provided with an orientation, regular contact and ongoing support, and a modest stipend. Interested host families should contact: Sally Fochtman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-791-1294. Please pray about it…God could be calling you!
- Did you know that on any given day, Catholic Charities West Michigan has over 250 children in its licensed foster homes? Foster care means providing a temporary, substitute, safe, nurturing home to children who may have been removed from their parent’s care due to neglect and/or abuse. If you are ready to open your home and heart to a child in need, please call 1-866-857-1593 and ask for a foster care licensing worker.