Around the Parish
- Our Saint Thomas Pastoral Council has launched a Parish-Wide Survey as follow up to the Long Range Plan. Please click on the link to read the letter and complete the 3-5 minute 10-question survey. There will be hard copies available at all the Masses on the weekend of Oct. 14-15. Please complete the survey by Monday, October 30. Link: Parish Survey
- Saint Thomas parishioners are invited to pray for LIFE on Wednesday, October 18, 2017. In support of the 40 Days for Life campaign, the Saint Thomas Prayer Vigil will take place at the abortion clinic (320 Fulton Street) from 7 am to 7 pm and Eucharistic Adoration will take place at Saint Thomas Church from 8:30 am to 7 pm (Benediction). See the sign up table in the back of church on October 7/8 or talk to a Respect Life Minister in the lower level after Mass on Sunday, October 15. For more information, call Respect Life Leader Mary Baxter at 334-6090.
- Sacrament Registration: If your child will be receiving the sacrament of First Communion or Confirmation, please complete this Sacrament History and Information Form.
- Parish Photo Directory: Thanks to all who had their photos taken. If you were not able to and would like to be included in the Parish Directory, please submit a photo to Monica Morin by Oct. 23. Please contact Monica with any questions.
- Pastoral Council Annual Ministry Mingle: All are invited on Saturday, November 4 from 8 am – 12 pm to join us for Mass, Breakfast, Ministry Reflection, and Rejuvenation on engaging in ministry with an attentive spirit.
- Hospitality Coffee and Donuts has BEGUN. Please sign up to help us “host” this ministry: Hospitality Sign Up.
- GRACEAC Announcment: Parish families with students enrolled in ANY school are now eligible to participate in the GRACEAC athletic program through Saint Thomas! This program is for students in the 5th – 8th grades in the 2017/2018 school year. Check out this Saint Thomas GRACEAC flyer for more information.
Around the Diocese
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (email@example.com), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
Cherish 2018: The 2nd Annual West Michigan Catholic Marriage Event will be Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018, from 6 – 10:30 pm at Frederik Meijer Gardens. Registration begins Nov. 1 at cherishmarriage.net. Married and engaged couples are welcome, and financial assistance is available. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.