Around the Parish
- Father Jim will be offering both a Saturday morning book study and a Wednesday evening book study four times each on the interior life. Book study topics: “Spiritual Geography, The Interior Landscape and Climate of the Human Body, Soul and Spirit” as well as his booklet entitled “Praying Daily, a Practical Guide.” Wednesday evening dates: February 21, February 28, March 7, and March 21. Please register using our Book Study online registration.
- Adult Faith Formation is offering “Beloved,” a day of reflection for women, on Saturday, Feb. 24, from 11:30am – 4pm in the Ministry Center. Come and ponder our relationship with the One in whose image and likeness we have been created. The $30 fee includes a light lunch. Please register online using our “Beloved” Registration by Feb. 16.
- First Communion Commemorative Plate: We have a commemorative plate making opportunity for the First Communicants on Sunday, February 25, after a prayer service and informational session. Please register using our First Holy Communion Plate Making online registration.
- Saint Thomas ’80s Prom: Join us Saturday, March 3, 7-11:30pm in the Saint Thomas Gym for a totally tubular night of ’80s fun. Costumes required! Get your ’80’s Prom Tickets online. Contact the School Office if you have any questions.
- Little Rock Scripture Study on Mondays from 6-7:30pm. We will start a new 13-week study on Isaiah on March 5 and continue through May. The commentary and study guide will be available to you upon your arrival. Use the brown rectory parking lot door to enter. Childcare is available. Facilitator: Ms. Sharon Killebrew. Please register using the Isaiah Little Rock online registration.
- Little Rock Scripture Study on Tuesdays, March 6-May 1, 8:30-10:30am focusing on James, Peter and Jude: The Catholic Letters. “Profound differences as well as intriguing similarities are discovered in these four letters, each written to strengthen Christian communities scattered across a wide region of the Roman Empire” The $15 study set includes a study guide and commentary. Please register using the James, Peter and Jude online registration.
- Little Rock Scripture Study on Tuesdays, March 6-May 1, 6:30-8pm, concentrating on the Spirituality of the Gospels. “The four gospels of the New Testament provide a rich, multidimensional portrait of Jesus Christ. Each also maps out a unique spiritual path into life with him. In Spirituality of the Gospels, the modern quest for spiritual fulfillment is met with profound insights from the gospels and the enduring examples of saints both ancient and contemporary.” Please register using the Spirituality of the Gospels online registration.
- Sacrament Information: If your child will be receiving the sacrament of First Communion or Confirmation, please complete this Sacrament History and Information Form. Also, check out this Sacrament Flyer with more information about Saint Thomas Sacraments.
- Hospitality Coffee and Donuts has BEGUN. Please sign up to help us “host” this ministry: Hospitality Sign Up.
- GRACEAC Announcment: Parish families with students enrolled in ANY school are now eligible to participate in the GRACEAC athletic program through Saint Thomas! This program is for students in the 5th – 8th grades in the 2017/2018 school year. Check out this Saint Thomas GRACEAC flyer for more information.
- Steubenville Youth Conference: Registration for the Steubenville Youth Conference is now open. The conference, open to high school students, will be June 22-24. If you are interested in attending, please complete the 2018 Steubenville Registration Form and the 2018 Steubenvillle Questionnaire and submit to the Parish Office by Feb. 14, along with a $50 non-refundable deposit. If you have any questions, please contact Carol Dills.
Around the Diocese
Catholic Charities Young Professionals: CCYP is open to all West Michigan young professionals between the ages of 21 and 40. CCYP’s mission is to involve young professionals with Catholic Charities West Michigan. The group provides opportunities to network, volunteer, attend events, raise money, and plan service projects. For more information, contact Bethany Stowe (email@example.com), check us out on Facebook (@CCWMYoungProfessionals), follow us on Instagram (ccypwestmi) or join our LinkedIn group (Catholic Charities Young Professionals- West Michigan).
- Men’s Conference: Register now for the 13th Annual Building a Legacy Catholic Men’s Conference, March 10 at West Catholic High School. The lineup features outstanding speakers: evangelist Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers, Steve Bollman (founder of That Man is You! ministry), musician Chris Muglia and youth breakout leader Justin Fatica. Most Reverend David J. Walkowiak will celebrate Mass. For more information and to register, go to buildingalegacy.org. Questions? Call Deacon Jim at 616-292-0422. (Early registration ends February 23 and is limited… don’t miss out!)
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.