Around the Parish
- Please join us at the first Michigan Abolitionist anti-trafficking meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 18 in the Ministry Center Community Room at 7 pm. This meeting is a lead-in to our Social Justice Advocacy Ministry February panel discussion on Wednesday, Feb. 15 at 7 pm, and a Fair-Trade Sale after the weekend Masses on Feb. 18 and 19.
- SWIM CPU Build: Team up with Safe Water International Ministries (SWIM) to build chlorine producing units and spread the love of Jesus worldwide. SJAM will be hosting a CPU build at Saint Thomas on Saturday, Jan. 21 from 12:30-3:30 pm in the lower level of Church. Check out this SWIM flyer for more information.
- Winter Community Dinner: Join us fellowship, fun and a free Spaghetti Dinner. This event will be Saturday, Jan. 28. from 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
- Registration for the High School Steubenville Conference has begun. The event will be July 21-23. Check out the Steubenville Conference flyer for more information and to register. If you have any questions, please contact Monica Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Around the Diocese
- The Franciscan Life Process Center is offering a Theology of the Body for Teens Retreat. This event is for students in grades 10-12 and is offered over three weekends (Nov. 11-12, Jan. 6-7, and March 3-4). For more information and to register for this event, visit http://bit.ly/2ejdfdi.
- High school students in the Grand Rapids Diocese have the opportunity to participate in the annual March for Life in Washington, DC, Jan. 26-29. If you are interested, visit the March for Life Web site for more information.
- St. Isidore’s will be showing Screenagers: Growing up in the Digital Age on Feb. 1 at 6:30pm. This film helps parents feel more confident and better equipped to establish balance around screen time. For tickets, visit www.saintisidorechurch.org/screenagers.
- An event honoring the sacrament of marriage will be held Feb. 4. Cherish 2017: Honoring the Sacrament of Marriage, sponsored by local parishes, will be held at Noto’s Old World Italian restaurant. For more information, visit www.cherishmarriage.net.
- A Retreat for Divorced Catholics: On Feb. 10-12, the St. Francis Retreat Center in DeWitt is hosting an overnight retreat for individuals who have been divorced. The cost is $175 for single occupancy and $150 for double. For more information, please visit the Saint Francis Retreat Center Web site.
- Bible Bingo, Chicago’s comedy hit, is coming to Catholic Central Feb. 25 and 26. From Vicki Quade, co-creator of the hit comedy, Late Nite Catechism, comes this new, interactive comedic performance about fundraising and bingo. To order tickets, visit the Catholic Central Web site. If you have questions, contact Tressa Brondyke at 616-233-5851.
- Retrouvaille of Grand Rapids is offering a Marriage Saving Weekend Feb. 26-27. Retrouvaille is for couples experiencing marital problems who are considering separation or divorce as well as those having problems in their marriage. For more information, visit www.retrouvaillegrandrapids.org.
For an extensive list of Diocesan opportunities, please visit the Diocese of Grand Rapids website.