Pastoral Care consists of helping acts, done by Saint Thomas representatives, directed to the healing, sustaining, guiding, reconciling and nurturing of those whose troubles or concerns arise in the context of daily interactions and ultimate means and concerns. Please contact the Parish Office to connect with one of our pastoral ministers.
“Today, we need a Church capable of walking at people’s side, of doing more than simply listening to them; a Church which accompanies them on their journey.” ~Pope Francis
- Saint Clare of Assisi
- Julian of Norwich
- Lectio Divina; join a small prayer group via zoom, lasting 30-40 minutes in length (contact Mary Clark-Kaiser, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- “Pray as You Go” App: An 11-minute app to use as a way of praying one of the daily scriptures.
- Resources for Mental , Emotional, and Spiritual Health (for children & adults from the Diocese of GR)
- Brene Brown (TED Talks on vulnerability, empathy, & sympathy)
- Pope Francis The JOY of the Gospel: the ministry of accompaniment
- Pope Francis’ address to the Bishops, 2013, Rio World Youth Day, “We need a Church capable of Walking at People’s Side…”
- Pope Franics address to the Bishops, Washington, DC, 2015 “The Path Ahead”
- The Emotionally Healthy Woman, Geri Scazzaro
- The Inner Chapel, Becky Eldridge
- Unworried, A Life Without Anxiety, Dr. Gregory Papcock